Bacon and Crab Quiché
One 9” refrigerated pie crust from a 15 oz. box of two.
8 slices of bacon
4 green onions
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups half-and-half
1 cup each shredded sharp cheddar and Swiss cheeses
1 can 6 oz. lump crab meat or similar imitation crab.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Place prepared pie dough in 9” deep-dish pie plate, anchoring with pie weights or by covering with foil. Bake for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- In the meantime, fry 8 pieces of bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp. You can cut it into pieces with kitchen shears before frying (like I do) or crumble afterward. Drain on paper towels.
- Toss together 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and 1 cup Swiss cheese.
- Chop 4 green onions and toss with crumbled bacon. Scatter bacon and onions in the bottom of pre-baked pie shell. Top with cheeses.
- Whisk together 4 large eggs and 1 1/4 cups half-and-half. Stir in one can of lump crab meat.
- Pour egg, cream and crab mixture into pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees in the center of the oven for 45 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cut and serve with freshly chopped green onions for garnish if desired.